Clip-In Hair Extension Care
Clip-In Hair Extension CareHair extensions are a wonderful way to add highlights, thickness or simply make your hair longer. Arreis Cheveux Hair extensions will last at least a year depending on how often they are worn and how well they are taken care of.
These simple tips will help you take the best care of your hair extensions so that they will last a long time, without losing any of its luster and natural vitality.
Washing Clip-In Hair Extensions
- Pour a small amount of shampoo into lukewarm water.
- Gently immerse the clip-in hair extensions in water until saturated, lift the extensions in and out of the water and repeat a few times.
- Once cleansed, rinse thoroughly in clean lukewarm water.
- Condition the hair with conditioner of choice.
- Rinse with clean water and gently squeeze to remove excess water. Do not twist or wring hair.
- Shake the hair pieces well to remove excess water and leave to air-dry at room temperature. Never comb or brush while they're wet.
- Be sure to open and pat dry clips individually to remove excess water.
Nothing looks worse than damaged hair from breakage or frizzing. Both are problems that can be caused by the overuse of blow dryers, curling irons or flat irons. It is best to limit use of high temperature styling tools on your hair extensions to a minimal to preserve the hair vitality. More effective approaches are air-drying, heated rollers, hair noodles and braiding hair to achieve wave patterns. If heat is a must; A heat protecting spray should always be used on hair extensions to help reduce the risk of heat damage. In addition, always use a soft bristle to gently brush your hair Extensions before and after use.